Tuesday, February 19, 2013

when I met Adam


sunset nice bench n person
Originally uploaded by ander80.

I like work. I used to hate going to school and high school. I loved university, but thats because I was living on my own, well with my boyfriend Adam. I met him on the 27th of September, 1999. It was my first day in Wales, Aberystwyth. I was so depressed after arriving into my student residence. I didn't speak English that well, so I knew it would be hard to adapt. I was very lucky to meet Adam on my first day. I remembered when I came to the kitchen and I saw the rest of the housemates and the next door neighbours around the table. It was quite intimidating. Adam belonged to the "next door" lot. This guy introduced me to everyone, but I only remember hearing "Adams" name. I was standing up eating some sardines from a tin(I know, how odd!) so everyone else was sitting down, staring at me while I stood there. I did my usual talking and listening politely, I am rude when you get to know me. What I will always remember is the times I caught him looking at me, and how embarrassed he looked when I caught him, I just thought he was looking at me because there wasn't anyone else in front of him. The funniest is that he also caught me looking at him, but neither of us thought that we fancied each other.

We decided to go out drinking that night into town. It was a 20 minute walk down the hill. The halls were situated next to the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, in Pentre Jane Morgan. Adam was in front of me alone walking, the others were in pairs, I decided to speak to him as it seemed silly not to, also I wasn't nervous because I didn't think he was gay. He tells me now that he was very nervous and very shy as he fancied me straight away.

We went into the pub, drank a quarter of a pint, and I was already tipsy! Then my neurons started to wake up, I looked at Adam (he was sitting at the other end of the table, we were around 9 together). I saw him smoking the cigarette and then it's when I thought for the first time, "is he?!, no, but he looks so straight!" I got drunker and Adam offered me a drink.

I joked: are you trying to get me drunk? to what he replied: me?, nooo! (he had an embarrassed face) and this is when my neurons kicked for the second time. (he cant be gay? But maybe he is?!).



By the time we got to the student village we were drank. We had a kitchen party and then the question popped out from one the housemates: Do you like girls or boys? I was so nervous that I thought he may punch me, so I smartly said: Both! (how stupid! because bisexual people don't get punch!) by the way, I am a homo.

Suddenly I had Adam all over me, but I was still a bit wary, so I pushed him away, he grabbed back, I tried to push him away again, but then I "noticed" he liked boys. So that's how we met, I was barely for 6 hours in my new home for the following 4 years, and I met him! I love him so much. We have been living together since then, as I slept in his room since the first day. We moved into our studio in the town in the 2nd year. I got really nice memories of my university years. That's why I don't mind University.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: